Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swatches

Turned Up Turquoise (Neon)
China Glaze

Seeing this bottle on the counter, I was extremely excited to buy it. There is a slight shimmery look to it that just screamed BEAUTIFUL!  Summer was just around the corner and I needed something with a pop of color. 


 After trying it on, I was a little disappointing by the consistency of the bottle, again, as my other china glaze, this one was a little clumpy and required quite a few touch ups. It only took 2 coats for full opacity, but 3 to make it look smooth and nice.  


My second disappointing moment, which lasted all but 2 minutes, was that it turned out to have a matte finish. I have nothing against matte nail polishes, but not only was this one matte it also lost its shimmer that you see in the bottle. I loved that shimmer :( I have now come to expect that any China Glaze bottle with neon on it dries matte. But with a top coat it gained a little bit of its shimmer back. 

On the bright side, this color is amazing, its vibrant and was definitely a topic of conversation with people I encountered.  Plus, the color looks very nice as the background to Mr.Candiipants's Koi fish. 


Head back to the swatch page; Click Here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment